Open Call Audition Schedule:
Come audition for Blood Brothers
- Location: Windham Center Stage Theater, 8 School Rd., Windham, ME 04062
- Friday February 15, 2018 from 6pm -8pm
- Saturday February 16, 2018 from 2pm – 4pm
- Call Backs: Sunday February 17, 2018 starting at 1pm
What to Prepare
Be prepared to sing musical selection preferably from a Broadway Show. Piano accompanist provided and please bring sheet music. We also will be doing some cold readings from the script.
Thursday Nights, Saturday and Sunday afternoon
If you have any questions regarding the auditions for this show please use our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 18 (7pm), 19 (2pm, 7pm), 25 (7pm), 26 (2pm, 7pm)
- Director: Laurie Shepard
- Music Director: Gabby Vallee
Nominated for Six Tony Awards!
"Tell me it's not true. Say it's just a story..."
Blood Brothers, by the author of Educating Rita and Shirley Valentine, is a haunting rags to riches tragedy of our times. A woman with numerous children to support surrenders one of her new born twins to the childless woman she cleans for. The boys grow up streets apart, never learning the truth but becoming firm friends and falling in love with the same girl. One prospers while the other falls on hard times. A narrator warns that a price has to be paid for separating twins: the lives of the blood brothers, who die on the day they find out they are related.
- MRS. JOHNSTONE (MOTHER): Female, 30’s (Range: Mezzo Soprano, F3-C5)
- Original Mother of Mickey and Edward. After her husband walks out on her, she is left to take care of her children. Constantly trying to do what is best. Gets a job as a maid to support her children. While she tries her best, she cannot escape the society she has been born into.
- NARRATOR: Male, Age Flexible (Range: Rock Tenor, G3-G4)
- “Did y’ hear the story of the Johnstone twins?” Takes the audience through the important sections of the story. Truthful, yet ominous at times. Also appears as Milkman 1, Gynaecologist, Bus Conductor, Milkman 2, Teacher, Rifle Range Man.
- MRS. LYONS: Female, 30’s (Range: Mezzo Soprano, B3-D5)
- Mrs. Johnstone’s employer. Kind with good intensions but puts herself first—no matter the cost. Adopts Edward out of desperation towards her own insecurities. A compulsive liar who gets in over her head.
- MR. LYONS: Male, 30-40 (Range: Ensemble/Non Singing)
- Proper Gentleman from the upper class. Is tricked into thinking his wife has had a child while he was on an extended business trip. Constantly busy, and leaves the homely responsibilities up to his wife.
- MICKEY: Male, Plays 7-20’s (Range: Bari Tenor, D3-E4)
- Blood Brother raised in the poor part of town by Mrs. Johnston. A trouble maker pressured by the rules of society.
- EDWARD: Male, Plays 7-20’s (Range: Tenor, D3-A4)
- Blood Brother raised in the upper class by Mrs. Lyons. Grows up with a privileged life due to his foster parents—From his opportunities with education to women.
- SAMMY: Male, Plays 7-20’s (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible)
- Mickey’s Brother. A bully and bad influence on Mickey. Constantly a trouble maker.
- LINDA: Female, Plays 7-20’s (Range: Ensemble/Part Flexible)
- A lovely girl from the neighborhood. Finds the attention of both Mickey and Edward.
- Catalogue Man, Finance Man, Children, Policemen, Neighbours, Wedding Guests, Doleites, Councillors, Nurses, Judge
A list of cast members will appear here
Book, Music and Lyrics by Willy Russell
Blood Brothers is presented by special arrangement with SAMUEL FRENCH, INC.
Awards - Accolades - Honors
Any reviews will appear here as links